Sunday, November 12, 2006

Work Sux

Let me please vent for just a moment about my job. I work with 500+ people in my department, many of them are dumber than rocks, some are just plain annoying, and a handful are nice but naive. I seem to keep running into annoying dumb people. I had a customer gushing to me how great it was that I found a mistake that the previous 7 reps this past month had missed on her account! SEVEN! If we extrapolate that, only 12.5% of us have a freakin clue! In reality it's closer to about 7% by my experience... the other 93% I'm having to apologize for. Apparently, I'm grating on the nerves of some of these folks because I'm constantly interrupting them to tell them the right answers. Well, if you learned from your mistakes or from what I told you the last 3 times you asked, I wouldn't have to correct you mid-sentence, would I?! This situation is further proof that I must have ADD/ADHD. In one of the books I've read about it, they describe people with ADD as operating with their "gates wide open," which is exactly how I am... a sponge for everything I see, hear and do, who also squeezes out the information whenever I see a use for it to be given to someone else. One of my friends said that I'm pissing people off. Well, one girl I knew was pissed off at me, I was likewise ticked off at her for being dumb. Then I asked my friend who else was upset with me and she told me the girl that sits next to her, which is ironic because she's asking me for help all the time. Guess what, I'm no longer an open book... you want to know the answer, you look it up. My mom asks why I stay at this thankless job, and my answer is that "I'm good at it." I might not handle the calls the best, especially when I should be feeling sorry and falling all over them to make them feel better, because I don't care and I can't fake it. Shit happens, deal with it. But I know what I'm doing and I try to learn as much as I can and teach as much as I can to my peers, some of whom have been there a lot longer than me, but as I said, are as dumb as rocks.

Ok, I'll get off the soapbox now... I feel better... thank you...

On to knitting. I'm working on a Kuryeon bag which I will felt. I also have 3 socks for men in the works, all in shades of blue. I'm dying to start a pair for myself in a lighter color, but let's face it - I don't have time! I've also playing around with needle felting the potholder I started out of pumpkin colored wool this past weekend. That's a lot of fun, seeing it merge into one piece of fabric from a double-knit piece still on the needles. I want to crochet a baby blanket for my friend's girlfriend's baby, who isn't due until March. I got the yarn and cast on, but I think it's going to be too loose and sloppy, so now I'm contemplating crochet. So much yarn... so little time....


Post a Comment

<< Home