Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Seasons Change

I finished knitting Banff and have gotten the sleeves sewn into the armholes, tried it on over my nightgown and feel like I'm going to suffocate in it. I wish I was a seamstress and could figure out how to neatly insert more material into the underarm to hem on either side. I'm not in a huge rush to get it seamed the rest of the way at the moment. But I am working on a few other projects and now that my work life seems to be going back to normal, hopefully I'll be able to get more projects done. Theresa is doing a family sock knitting project, were people are knitting socks for all their special family members and friends. I think I need something like this as a goal to keep me going. And I have 2 huge boxes of sock yarn, too. I have a pair for my mom nearly done, I can use the stretch boot yarn to make my dad a pair, make the girls each a pair from some stripy yarn. Maybe get some more muted colorway for Aunt Mary Jo, possibly the Watercolor Lorna's Laces for Kathy. I'm making myself a scarf out of some pink & purple Parade yarn from Knitpicks. I'm doing just 30 sts wide, garter stitch, and using size 8 needles. I started out with 60 stitches, realized I would have a potholder instead of a scarf if I kept going that wide, so after a few inches I k2tog all the way across to create a ruffled edge. I'm not sure how long the scarf will be, and it probably won't be all that cozy, although I'm sure that it will soften after being washed. But it's using up yarn, and sometimes that's the goal. I'm more than 1/2 done with my Easter Memories socks which will be for myself, mainly because it's made of real wool and no one else would have the patience to hand wash them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home