Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Joy of Swatching

Well, I found a new creative endeavor this week - swatching. I was reading Knitting Lessons and the author talks about swatching ... just swatching for the hell of it. Now, pointless knitting doesn't really do it for me, so I dug out a pattern book for a sampler afghan that is knit out of 30 blocks. I figure that if I don't ever put it together, each square is it's own project ... I can call them blankets for my daughters' dolls or stuffed animals and they'll be as happy as if I made an entire blanket for myself. I'm using some turquoise Red Heart yarn - I have a corresponding variegated, but I might go with a solid hot pink to match my room colors instead - cables and lace don't do well in variegated yarns in my experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home