Holy Moly - Progress!
Well, I've finished the back of Banff and I'm about 1/2 way thru the 2nd sleeve. I decided to follow the pattern and not add additional rows, mainly because I checked my gauge and I'm dead on width wise, but my stitches are about 1/4" too long every 4 inches. So, it's a couple inches longer naturally. I also don't have enough yarn to add anything at this point. I've got to finish the 2nd sleeve, which I'm planning at least 1 more skein on, and then I have 3 skeins to do the entire front, all the seaming and the turtleneck collar. Now, I've done some browsing and have come across some pretty unflattering pictures of heavier people wearing this sweater - I hope I don't look that bad wearing it. I was hoping that the extra 2 skeins would buy me a felted bag to match, but it looks like I'm going to be down to the last yard to get the thing put together. If it's cozy, it's a pattern I wouldn't mind doing again, actually. Maybe in the turquoise "Pool" Sierra next time. After working this much with bulky yarn, I'm actually considering making an Einstein Coat for myself, or more likely the male shorter version, since I'm only 5'2" and a long coat would look fairly ridiculous on me. The Sierra yarn is great to work with, is reasonably priced, and comes in "Me" colors. The only real drawback is that it's natual fiber and would need to be drycleaned since it would likely be too big to wash by hand myself.